Back to School
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
July 28, 2022
This is Brandi Silver, FCS agent with the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Burke County Center. Our program today is full of tips to prepare your kids for back to school.
In order to help your child have a safe, happy and productive year, get started on the right foot.
● Remember schools are open to address any concerns a parent or child might have. The best time to get help is one to two weeks before school opens. All staff in Burke County will return on Aug.15. Administrative personnel are currently on site Monday-Thursday from 8-3.
● You can find enrollment information for pre-k through 12th grade on the Burke County Schools website.
● Some students may be nervous about new situations, including changing to a new school, classroom or teacher. If your child seems nervous, ask them what they are worried about and help them problem-solve ways to master the new situation. All BCPS schools will have an open house prior to the 1st day. Be sure to check out your schools website or give them a call to see when open house will take place. This could help ease any fears your child may have about the 1st day of school!
● Put a positive spin on going back to school. Remind your student about seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Ask your child what they are excited to learn about this year.
● Consider starting your child on their school sleeping schedule a week or so ahead of time so that time change is not a factor on their first couple of days at school.
● Have a great year and remember to teach kindness.
This has been Brandi Silver with the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Burke County Center. For more information, contact us 764-9480.