Online FCS Workshops
Med Instead of Meds
This virtual 6 session series dives into the 7 simple steps to eating the Mediterranean Way to prevent chronic disease.
Eating like those who live in the Mediterranean region has been shown to promote health and decrease the risk of many chronic diseases, such as some cancers, Alzheimer’s, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular disease. Are you interested in eating the Mediterranean way, but not sure where to start?
This online Med Instead of Meds class series will help you Go Med by exploring 7 simple steps to eating the Med Way. Learn Med tips, life hacks, and recipes that will help you eat the Med Way every day. Great tasting and good for you! The simple, delicious, and satisfying Med Way of eating will keep you coming back for more.
Home Canning Series
In this series, Stanly County FCS Agent, Hayley Cowell, takes participants through an introduction to home canning and explores the basics of Pressure and Boiling Water Bath canning methods.
Learn the basics of using an Instant Pot and all other brands of electric pressure cookers!
What to expect from this workshop:
- Become familiar with electric pressure cookers and how they function
- Learn to utilize these cookers safely
- Demonstration of techniques needed to prepare tasty recipes
- Take home several proven recipes for easy and tasty meals
- Tips and tricks to modify your own recipes so they can be prepared in your electric pressure cooker