Oodles of Noodles – Pasta Making Demonstration
Find this article at:
Watch Nicki Carpenter, 4-H Agent for Burke County, demonstrate how to make pasta!
- 300 grams (approximately 3 ½ cups) All Purpose Flour
- 1-2 Teaspoons Salt
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Add dry ingredients in bowl of food processor and mix.
- Add eggs and mix for 30-60 seconds.
- Process for 2 minutes until dough is formed.
- Knead dough by hand on a floured board for 2 minutes.
- If dough is still sticky, add more flour.
- Form dough into a ball, sprinkle with flour and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Let dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut prepared dough into 4 pieces and flour each piece.
- Using the pasta roller attachment on stand mixer, run the dough through at least 3 times to reach desired thickness. Flour each piece as you go to prevent sticking.
- Choose either the spaghetti or fettuccine cutter and run prepared dough to cut.